Van de Bilt flax shives
Sustainable bedding for all your livestock!
Flax shives are a by-product obtained from the scutching process that turns straw flax into finer fibers. Flax shives are the short pieces of woody waste beaten from the straw when the fibers are separated. The purity of the shives depends on their intended purpose. Flax shives from van de Bilt zaden en vlas bv are available in varying degrees of purity.
Very pure flax shives are the perfect bedding material for horses with allergic airway disorders and hoof problems, as they will not eat the bedding if they are bored or hungry. Two bales of shives are ideal to spread as a basic bedding material in the stable. The shives inhibit ammonia formation for up to eight weeks and ensure a dry base for the horse to stand on.
The shives can also be supplied in bulk if purity is less important. For example, for use as bedding for cattle, goats, sheep or poultry.
The benefits of using pure flax shives in your stable or barn:
- 100 % natural product, with zero additives
- Cheap and economical to use
- Extremely good absorption capacity (up to 450%)
- Easy to use and labor saving
- Decomposes quickly and environmentally-friendly, pH neutral compost
- Suitable for all types of livestock and horses
- Reduces the volume of manure to be disposed of
Can be ordered in bulk or cleaned and packed per 20 kg!
For more information, feel free to contact our sales team in Sluiskil.